Ministry of Social Development and Family Services in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Cybercrime Analyst on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Analyses and investigates the electronic systems to assess risk, system compromises and methodologies behind digital forensics, including identifying, preserving, extracting, analysing and reporting on cybercrime evidence.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Consults with key stakeholder to determine system role within the organisation.
- Conducts risk assessment of security controls and security impact assessment to evaluate current security position and recommend priorities to support change.
- Interprets data gathered from the computer system to advance the investigation and compliance work of the Unit.
- Maintain and support current and ongoing assessment and authorisation packages.
- Implement and support cyber security standards.
- Review and analyse vulnerability scans and collaborate with administrators to mitigate.
- Support the cyber security change management processes
- Participate in daily or weekly meetings to report system status to systems owners, Government managers, and other stakeholders to manage Cybersecurity requirements
- Provide recommendations for security improvements based on advances in industry or in response to threat intelligence.
- Establish new data gathering and analysis techniques to support investigation and compliance matters within the organisation.
- Detect computer system irregularities and flag these as matters for investigation
- Research new technology to increase the organisations effectiveness in detecting irregular electronic activities.
- Advises on solutions to prevent irregularities in the system.
- Support the management and other teams with the electronic business goals and needs
- Support the change management process.
- Formulate procedural manuals, standard operating procedures, cyber security policies and procedures to prevent irregular transactions and activities in the system.
- Support the training of staff on cybercrime activities.
- Submit regular reports on the integrity of the electronic system and cybercrime activities.
- Ability to analyse cyber risk
- Solutions oriented
- Experts knowledge of computer systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; report writing, problem solving skills and an ability to understand and interpret financial and legal documents.
- A Master’s Degree in Cyber Security Operations, Cybersecurity Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Assurance, Information Technology or an MBA with specialty in cyber security.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a computer security/cyber security environment.