Nutrien Ltd. in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring an Engineer In Training - Mechanical on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Engineer In Training - Mechanical position is a two (2) year Contract. This position will report to the Manager, Maintenance and Reliability.
What you will do:
- Work with the Reliability Team to evaluate the performance of mechanical equipment and systems and review the recommendations to mechanical changes or equipment modifications to improve Plant Safety, Reliability and Efficiency or to prolong equipment life
- Assist in the design, selection and specification of new mechanical equipment or systems
- Assist in Maintenance type work during periods of increased plant activities such as Plant shutdowns or Plant Turn-a-rounds
- Assist in development of new projects and assist in the planning and implementation in order to ensure adequate emphasis on mechanical requirements and cost control
- Assist in coordinating activities involving inspection, maintenance, and repairs to optimize utilization and improve reliability of mechanical equipment and systems
- Perform estimation and application for CAPEX and MRM Projects pertaining to specific plant assignments
- Assist in the review of prepared engineering drawings and submits comments and recommendations in order to ensure effective final design of modified or new Plant equipment and facilities
- Monitor the performance of contractors to ensure acceptable follow through of work being done
- Monitor and gather data on plant equipment
- Perform project work encompassing scope definition, tender document creation and ongoing management of contracts
- Organize technical records such as equipment files, drawings, and engineering data
- Assist technical supervisors with equipment troubleshooting
- Participate as required as a Technical resource for the plant projects
- Provide engineering support to maintenance projects
- Complete level appropriate engineering studies, calculations, and modeling and simulation of plant processes
- Write proper contract specification for various types of jobs
- Submit monthly reports on a timely basis
- Work closely with people from other departments with a view at always developing better relations for the general improvement of interpersonal development
- Perform any other such duties that may be required to be done from time to time to ensure a smooth running of the department and the company as a whole
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- 1-3 years' experience in the petrochemical or Oil/Gas industry
- Project Management Certification will be an asset
- General knowledge of ammonia/urea processes
- General knowledge of plant equipment, systems and catalysts
- Ability of perform engineering calculations
- Basic knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of SHE policies, procedures and MOC requirements
- Written communication skills including technical report writing
- Intermediate Drawing Software Proficiency
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent and proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability and other legally protected characteristics.