Baker Hughes in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Production Chemist - Trinidad on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Would you like to lead the development and research of new products?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?
Join our Chemicals Team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Our team researches and develops new products through extensive field trials. We work with our organization to identify future needs and enhancements.
Partner with the best
As a Production Chemist, you will provide expertise and technical support for our off-shore chemical product lines. You will oversee and advise on product application, well prognosis, and completion product performance. You will take the lead for new product market introductions, development and field trials.
As a Production Chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating activities of offshore laboratory technicians for the practical application of scientific research and development
- Collaborating with business units and teams to identify problems and implement solutions
- Providing technical guidance for projects and initiatives to ensure successful delivery
- Presenting metrics, project status and research to internal teams
- Leading and implementing new product market introductions and field trials to test and develop innovations
- Investigating unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will be required to:
- Have a Technical or Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Have 3 years related experience
- Have solid Offshore Production Chemistry or Oilfield Chemical experience
- Be willing to work in offshore environment
- Have experience working with laboratory equipment whilst ensuring a safe working environment
- Have proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to build trusting relationships with customers and teams
- Be a self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to solving problems
- Have good leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams
- As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for Covid-19 prior to beginning work
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working at the base or work location when not at our customer locations
- In this role requires working with our customer’s offshore, onshore and office locations where you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train, reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.