U.S. Embassy in Barbados is hiring a Budget Analyst (Open to all Interested Applicants) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Act as the primary Budget and Administrative Officer for the U.S. Military Liaison Office Eastern Caribbean. Responsibilities include: manage $290,000 per year office budget, procure all MLO supplies and equipment, assists with all travel orders, and establish and maintain office files based on the U.S. Army System. Duties are not limited to the ones listed above.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least four years of progressively responsible experience in Budget Management, Financial Administration, Business Administration or Accounting is required.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required.
LANGUAGE: Excellent command of spoken, written, and reading English is required. “This may be tested”
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Must have a positive attitude to pitch-in and work as part of a team, doing tasks that may be beyond stated job descriptions. Must have the ability to develop relationships with high-level military, security, and civilian personnel in a diplomatic environment. Must be able to obtain, analyze and evaluate relatively complex data to prepare precise and accurate factual and analytical reports. Must have the ability to order and procure office equipment and supplies, as well as the ability to order military equipment from the federal stock system. Must be able to protect sensitive but unclassified, and privacy act information. “This may be tested”
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Bridgetown, Barbados may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Bridgetown, Barbados.