GraceKennedy Group in Jamaica is hiring an Operations Officer (8844) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Operations Officer will be responsible for delivering prompt and accurate execution of transactions on behalf of GK Investments Limited (GKI) and GK Capital Management Limited (GK Capital) while ensuring that the Companies’ security documentation is accurate and safe in all cases. The incumbent will also administer sound operational risk management processes relying on compliance and service standards established by the companies and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that securities for all transactions are reviewed for completeness and accuracy and movements of such items are properly authorized, documented and monitored.
- Preparation of disbursement checklist and ensure the perfecting of securities prior to disbursement of approved facilities.
- Reconciliation of investments assets for both clients and proprietor.
- Maintain impeccable diary records to follow up for annual confirmations of renewal of insurance for all insured assets in the Lending Portfolio
- Maintain the Collateral/Securities Register ensuring that the Register is updated electronically to reflect current information at all times
- Perform Credit and Company checks on prospective clients.
- Liaise with clients, brokers and external custodians on matters relating to discrepancies/irregularities to relevant securities
- Prepare, circulate and confirm coupon payment analysis with relevant issuers and investment advisors
- Timely processing of client payments in external systems
- Prepare and distribute assigned reports per reporting schedule.
- Ensure timely clearing of discrepancies on bank reconciliation
Required Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, Economics, or similar discipline
- At least three  years’ experience in investments settlement, credit administration and basic accounting principles
- Working knowledge of treasury and investment products and collateral securities
- In depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices relating to investment products
- Working knowledge of the Companies Act and the Securities Act
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Customer and Team orientation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite [EXCEL, Word, etc.]
GK Capital Management upholds the principles of fairness and equity in the treatment of all our employees and stakeholders. The Company is committed to equity in all its employment practices and policies and seeks to recruit, develop and retain its employees on the basis of merit, ability and performance. As such, we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment, and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, national origin, religion, gender, or otherwise.