Ministry of Social Development and Family Services is hiring a Compliance Officer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Compliance Officer must conduct compliance checks to ensure that the public sector rules, regulations, policies, processes and procedures are adhered to by the relevant Divisions within the Ministry. The Compliance Officer will report to the Team lead Compliance who liaises with internal and external agencies in the execution of duties related to compliance. The work involves routine audits and testing of the use of policies and procedures.
Key and Critical Responsibilities
- Conducts compliance audits within the Ministry, to ensure compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Reviews issues and material violations within the various Divisions of the Ministry.
- Identifies compliance issues and make recommendations to detect, prevent and correct, noncompliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Supports the establishment of monitoring guidelines and standards that balances the regulatory requirements of the Ministry.
- Makes recommendations on programme procedures to build compliance within the organisation.
- Ensures that the compliance issues are well understood and respected by all employees, and that the Ministry is complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Supports the monitoring of electronic business activities to ensure compliance.
- Monitors complaints and adverse reports providing guidance as necessary.
- Supports the work undertaken for annual daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly compliance reviews and tests.
- Knowledge of compliance testing
- Ability to monitor systems (manual and electronic) for non-compliance
- Ability to train on compliance
- Ability to prepare compliance manuals
- Sound knowledge of building compliance and quality assurance systems in organisation
- Ability to work in a team
- Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Risk Management, Professional Accounting.
- Graduate Degree or Certificate in Quality Management Systems or Organisational Planning, Business Ethics and Basic Legal Systems.
- At least two (2) years of experience in an environment or any employment that provided interaction with social services to prevent breaches of the law and ethical principles of management of people and finances.