Financial Services Commission in Barbados is hiring an ANALYST – CREDIT UNIONS on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Analyst, under the supervision of the Senior Analyst, Credit Unions will be responsible for: collating financial and operational information, conducting risk based assessments and ongoing oversight of regulated entities and assisting with the tasks and responsibilities assigned to the Credit Unions Division.
KEY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Assessing the financial health and statutory compliance of the Credit Union Sector under the relevant statutes.
- Conducting ongoing offsite monitoring of credit unions including developing and updating risk based reviews of credit unions, updating the associated risk assessments, risk narrative and entity profile using information submitted and other market intelligence.
- Assessing regulatory submissions and applications and preparing board and other papers with appropriate recommendations for consideration.
- Assisting with the development of the supervisory program for entities in the assigned portfolios.
- Reviewing, assessing and responding to regulatory and other queries.
- Preparing periodic sector specific reports.
- Making recommendations for corrective action and engaging in follow up on the action plans submitted to ensure that corrective action is taken by the entities.
- Receiving and collating all financial, operational and other related data from the regulated financial institutions, evaluating trends in the sector, and making recommendations for further action as necessary.
- Assessing trends in the sector, detect signs of financial weakness or non-compliance licensees, and making recommendations for actions to correct or reduce the risk.
- Participating in the formulation of policy, regulations and legislative recommendations for the overall system of financial regulation of the relevant entities and individuals.,.
- Researching on assigned areas and presenting research findings; and other matters within the expectations of the job assignment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Risk Management or equivalent qualification
- Two (2) years’ experience in the financial services sector or a related field
- Knowledge of credit union and financial services activities
- Experience in a financial regulatory authority would be an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in spreadsheet analysis, database management and word processing applications
- Understanding of risk management and regulatory frameworks
- Good financial and evaluation skills
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
Applications with the position clearly identified on the envelope/email subject, accompanied by curriculum vitae and the names and addresses of three (3) referees should be submitted via email to *****@fsc.gov.bb.
FSC is an integrated regulatory body, established on April 1, 2011 by virtue of the Financial Services Commission Act (2010). It is charged with responsibility for supervising and regulating non-bank financial institutions in Barbados, particularly those entities in the insurance, credit union, securities and occupational pensions sectors.