Sandy Lane Yacht Club & Residences in Barbados is hiring a Director of Operations on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Nestled in the heart of the Grenadines lies Sandy Lane Yacht Club & Residences, a world-class marina and luxurious accommodations, waterside dining, fine dining restaurant, beach club and rejuvenating leisure facilities.
We are seeking to hire for the crucial role of Director of operations. The perfect candidate will be a hardworking, hands-on leader with a strong background in Food and Beverage and all areas of hospitality operations. Luxury experience is a plus.
Responsible to manage the daily operations of all areas of the marina including Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Safety and Security. Coordinate and communicate with relevant Department Heads and Construction Department for planning, budgeting, building and maintenance. Effective partnering with Marketing department to ensure consistency and unity through all departments. Market the Residence and Marina effectively to drive occupancy and rental revenues while maintaining the quality of product and services as expected by company owner. Leading by example and following the company’s code of conduct, policies, and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for the overall the operation of all Marina premises on behalf of the General Manager. Ensuring all guests are receiving the highest level of hospitality service with a hands on management approach.
- Oversee the Residences and Marina operations encompassing budget management, cost control, health, safety and security measures, administrative duties, reservations, and purchasing.
- Support all Head of Departments in all aspects of running the Marina.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, action taken and any team issues.
- Recruitment, appraisals, disciplinary actions for Front Desk; F&B and Housekeeping with the support of Human Resources department.
- Schedule and planning team training.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and developing SOP’s as required.
- Unannounced inspections of the stores and warehouse to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc.).
- Ensure the premises are well maintained and in operative condition at all times.
- Monitor and maintain operation and overhead cost in order to achieve a maximum revenue flow.
- Generate and present reports on revenue, costs, staffing and operations.
- Communicate with and source suppliers/vendors for quality products involving purchasing manager and providing performance assessment of suppliers.
- Inspect all departments with their respective Manager's for cleanliness, maintenance, ambience, team grooming and hospitality culture.
- Foster communication and co-ordination between all departments for smooth and efficient operations. Assess and review customer satisfaction and service recovery process, identify and resolve any issues or trends.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally, in line with company policy.
- Train, coach and empower associates to deliver excellent service to the guests.
- Maintain a low staff turnover rate through effective team building, respecting cultural diversity and supporting departmental recognition programs.
- Actively support Marina policies and procedures.
- Establish strong methods of communication with the full team.
- Resolving guest complaints to the guest’s satisfaction within your level of authority.
- Maintaining excellent grooming and hygiene and ensure all standards are met in relation to personal and uniform presentation.
- Represent the Company and Ownership to the highest standard at all times.
- Complying with Marina safety & environment policies
- Abiding by all work place health, country legislation, safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Willing and flexible with schedule and duties due to the nature of the hospitality industry. Carrying out any other duties as directed by the General Manager.
Should you be interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter to *****@slycr.com