Management Institute for National Development (MIND) in Jamaica is hiring a Chief Internal Auditor (Grade 8) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Chief Internal Auditor manages the Agency’s Internal Audit function so as to ensure full compliance with Government regulations, conformity to internal policies and procedures, adequate internal controls to maintain operational integrity, efficiency and effectiveness and prudent management of the Agency’s resources.
• Develops the Agency’s Annual Audit Plan;
• Conducts Audit assignments as identified in the Plan, as requested by the Chief Executive Officer and as necessary during the course of Agency’s operations;
• Reports findings and makes recommendations for improvements to internal control systems;
• Initiates, reviews and regularly updates Audit policies and systems;
• Reviews compliance with internal policies and procedures, Government regulations and laws;
• Evaluates and examines policies and procedures and systems in place and makes recommendations for review and revision as needed;
• Submits high quality observations and Audit Reports;
• Advises on controls to be incorporated into new or revised Financial and Accounting systems and procedures;
• Manages the progress of implementation of recommendations identified in Audit Reports;
• Assists the Chief Executive Officer in carrying out fiduciary responsibilities;
• Confers with management and staff on a wide range of Internal Audit issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
• Excellent knowledge of Auditing Standards and Techniques, including Value for Money Audits
• Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles and Practices
• Knowledge of Automated Financial and Accounting Reporting Systems
• Excellent knowledge of the FAA Act and applicable Government and International Acts and Regulations
• Excellent analytical skills in proposing well-founded recommendations
• Good research, analytical and reporting skills
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, adaptability, maturity and sound judgment
• Ability to demonstrate compliance to the professional code of ethics and the standards for the professional practice of internal auditing
• An understanding of the relevant regulatory environment
• Knowledge of Audit procedures, including planning, techniques, testing and sampling methods involved in conducting Audits
• Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems
• Excellent time management and organizing skills
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
• Chartered Accountant or possess equivalent qualification/training;
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certification;
• Five (5) years work related experience at a Senior Auditor level;
• Computer Audit experience is necessary.
Applications accompanied by résumés and should be submitted to:
Senior Manager, Human Resource Management
Management Institute for National Development
235A Old Hope Road
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.