RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Senior Manager Payments on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
In this role you will be responsible for the planning and execution of domestic payments and interbank system projects in the Caribbean including the development and maintenance of supporting policies, procedures and process documentation. You will drive business readiness activities related to the launch of Payments and Clearing initiatives and provide input on scope, business requirements, change requests and implementation requirements. You will also coordinate, plan and scheduling with payment industry partners including Central Banks, ACH operators, other financial institutions and vendors in the jurisdictions in which RBC operates.
What will you do?
- Lead the payments modernization program ensuring successful on time, on budget delivery of payment initiatives
- Lead and coordinate RBC’s participation in industry meetings related to payments initiatives including those hosted by Central Banks, payment operators and project management consultants
- Develop and maintain the policies and guidelines for domestic payment systems and processes
- Define standards aligned with the enterprise and responsible for defining the control environment to ensure that the standards are maintained
- Keep abreast of the innovations and trends in the payments industry across Caribbean jurisdictions and at the Enterprise level, including new technology, convenience features, and profitability, in order to assess applicability to the local markets
- Maintain information / records regarding Payment systems and supporting infrastructure for Product Risk Reviews, Privacy Impact Assessments and all other compliance
- Review and approve documentation as required by Agile Management Framework (AMF) for project delivery
- Diminish roadblocks for assigned Projects Managers, defining points of agreement / compromise with fact based solutions for consideration
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelors degree
- 7 - 10 years of Digital Services experience and focus on Financial Services
- Project Management experience with a background in the Financial Services sector
- Strong understanding of telecommunication technologies, service providers, device suppliers, etc.
- Knowledge of mobile best practices including usability, accessibility, standards, privacy and rich media
- Able to deal with complexity and ambiguity
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to Lead in a dynamically changing environment
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunity to do challenging work
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority.
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we’re doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.