Gildan in Barbados is hiring a Merchandiser on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Gildan is a leading apparel manufacturing company, with a diversified portfolio of brands, like renowned Gildan®, American Apparel®, Comfort Colors®, GOLDTOE®, and much more. With over three decades of developing manufacturing expertise, Gildan is now known as one of the world's most efficient, ethical, and sustainable apparel manufacturers out there. Founded in Canada, Gildan now operates out of roughly 40 locations worldwide and sells its products in 60+ markets globally. With close to 44,000 employees, Gildan operates with a strong commitment to industry-leading labour and environmental practices throughout its supply chain in accordance with its comprehensive Genuine Responsibility® program embedded in the Company's long-term business strategy. More about the company at gildancorp.com.
The Merchandiser will assist in the management of both Retail and Printwear Activewear products across Gildan, Comfort Colors, Alstyle, American Apparel, and private label brands. He/She will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Technical Design, and Account Representatives to create new products from concept to product launch, customer presentations, and make improvements to existing processes throughout the development cycle.
- Create compelling Retail presentations that include data, and prove a thorough understanding of the customer, the retail landscape, and the products presented.
- Manage Retail and Printwear activewear products in our FlexPLM system; set up new styles with detailed product features for hand off to product development and update based on changes throughout the season.
- Assist with the day to day tasks regarding Retail and Printwear projects; follow up on testing, color development, samples, costing, and other critical components for presentations.
- Create tools to improve retail processes such as retail competitive analysis updated twice a year, retail SKU summary by customer updated annually, and other ad hoc projects.
- Ensure a best in class appearance on eCommerce platforms, collaborate with the Brand team on verbiage and proof copy on both our internal site and other websites where Gildan products are sold.
- Assist in the management of the activewear assortment; pull and analyze data to support both Retail and Printwear Merchandising strategies.
- Partner with the Merchandising Manager to identify growth opportunities through competitive and customer analysis, including both in-store visits and online research.What you bring to the role
Knowledge and Expertise
- A Bachelor's Degree in Apparel/Textile Engineering, Marketing, Product/Project Management or a related discipline.
- At least two-four (2-4) years' experience in an Apparel, Product or Marketing environment or a similar field.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook are required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Results oriented.
- Good team player.
- High level of creative skills.
- Retail background knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
What's in it for you?
- Join one of the world's most sustainably managed companies.
- Interact and gain visibility to high level individuals to help take your career to new heights.
- Join a collaborative work culture centered around values of empowerment, entrepreneurial spirit, and responsibility.
- Benefit from mentorship and development opportunities.
- Take advantage and have access of our competitive benefits package.
- Please note that given the circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees in certain regions are currently working from home.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Come as you are:
Join a company that recognizes the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion to create a successful and dynamic work environment. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value and embrace all the characteristics that make you uniquely you and seek to provide everyone with an equal chance to succeed. Because equity and inclusion matter at Gildan.