DAI in Haiti is hiring a Finance Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
USAID Feed the Future Haiti Resilience and Agriculture Sector Advancement (HRASA) is a 5-year activity implemented by DAI. HRASA will build on USAID’s decades of investment in the Haitian agricultural sector and catalyze the resourcefulness and innovation of Haitian market system actors to transform agricultural market systems so that they are more competitive, inclusive, and resilient—ultimately advancing Haiti’s food security, sustainable economic development, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR). HRASA’s overarching goal is to increase individual, household, and community resilience through strengthened, well-functioning, and inclusive market systems. While Objective 1 activities will focus on improving the efficiency/ effectiveness of existing market system actors, Objective 2 will stimulate and expand PSE and investment in agricultural market systems. Objective 3 will target subsistence farming households, strengthening their capacities to participate in market system opportunities emerging from activities under Objectives 1 and 2. All activities will take place in the communes in the two defined Resilience Focus Zones (RFZs) highlighted in the Activity scope of work. However, the focus of these activities will vary, depending on the circumstances and selected commodities prevalent in each region.
The Finance Manager oversees the work of the finance team and ensures the proper implementation of policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. S/he will manage the development and submission of financial reports requested by the Chief of Party (COP), Director of Finance and Operations (DFO), Home Office, and USAID. This position will ensure compliance with all accounting and financial reporting functions. S/he will work with Accountants to complete day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management; manage partner relationships; verify all backup documentation is audit ready; and troubleshoot accounting issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain a robust financial management system with adequate controls to protect against financial misstatement in accordance with applicable government accounting and administrative regulations.
• Implement and enforce all policies and procedures related to financial matters.
• Provide the COP, DFO, Home Office, and USAID with appropriate financial and operating information, as needed.
• Lead preparation for internal and external financial audits, respond to auditor questions, and address findings.
• Liaise with home office staff to complete the monthly financial cycle in accordance with established deadlines.
• Supervise the Accountants, providing guidance and training necessary for the Accountant to assume full responsibility of field expense reporting.
• Work closely with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems, financial planning, and invoice payments.
• Conduct regular reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI and USAID policies.
• Oversee the reporting of expenses by regional offices.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
• Ensure request for payments have appropriate approvals.
• Ensure the timely deposit of cash receipts.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitor bank account balances.
• Ensure petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed.
• Initiate periodic cash counts.
• Ensure the safeguard of bank checks, cash receipts, and petty cash.
• Manage banking relationships.
• Ensure non-billable expenses are thoroughly reviewed and kept to a minimum.
• Ensure that foreign taxes paid, if any, are tracked, recorded, and reported to USAID in accordance with ADS guidelines.
• Review and monitor outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
• Use field accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, and DAI’s operations system (TAMIS).
• Communicate with Home Office system support teams on troubleshooting technical issues.
• University degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or another related field required;
• Minimum five years of experience in finance and accounting required; additional experience in office administration, project operations, and/or human resource management strongly desired;
• Experience leading and managing the financial aspects of USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations.
• Experience with banking (e.g. reconciliations, petty cash management, etc.).
• Experience with enterprise accounting software required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc.).
• Fluent in French required with additional fluency in Haitian Creole desired, but not mandatory.
• Demonstrated writing and spoken skills in English required.
• Good computing capabilities with working knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
• Strong communications and personnel management skills required.
• Prior experience working with DAI and knowledge of DAI systems and processes strongly desired.
Conditions de travail
Reporting: The Finance Manager will report directly to the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO). S/he will collaborate closely with the Grants and Procurement Team, and the Home Office.
The Finance Manager will supervise the Accountant, and any short-term consultants performing financial, auditing, and/or budgeting tasks.
Dossier de candidature doit avoir ...
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- A cover letter ;
- Certificate of employment for the positions held and / or similar consultations carried out;
- Copy of diplomas obtained;
DAI reserves the right to terminate recruitment once a local candidate has been found who meets the requirements of the position.