The Jamaica National Group is hiring a Lead Software Developer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
MC Systems Limited delivers leading edge technology solutions to businesses. We pioneer technology, shaping your future. As a go-to technology consultant, our simple but sustained focus has always been to help our clients succeed……that’s our business.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking to identify a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Lead Software Developer. The Lead Software Developer will lead software development projects, managing the successful delivery of projects, which requires planning, coordinating and leading activities across the full application life cycle. This individual will work closely with project managers, business analysts, technical leads and software developers as well as liaise with key project stakeholders as required. They will also provide line management and personal development of a team of highly skilled developers.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the development of highest quality products.
- Consult with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems.
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications and other project documents.
- Working closely with Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- With guidance from Software Architects/Technical Leads, provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is consistently delivering working software to the standards of the department
- Participate in reviews and meetings and provide updates on project progress
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Complete relevant certifications in alignment with organizational objectives and partnership requirements
- Assist with the development of work plans for team members.
- Evaluate the performance of team members under their supervision
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related discipline
- Microsoft Certification in appropriate software development tools
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a similar field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to details
- Strong adaptability and Capacity to work in fast-paced environments