Nestle in Trinidad and Tobago is hiring a Legal Specialist on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
5 years’ experience
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest food and beverage company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
As the Legal Specialist you will provide operational support to the Head of Legal & Compliance by supporting L&C processes for NTTL and NCI businesses by delivering legal, compliance, regulatory, reputational, and other risk management strategies, and solutions.
A day in the life of...
- Drafting (from templates and/or from scratch), reviewing, amending, revising, negotiating and terminating any and all commercial contracts, agreements and legal documents of any nature;
- Providing business-oriented legal advice on agreements/contracts directly to the relevant category/division/business unit;
- Collaborating with and facilitating cross-team decision-making with the Procurement Team, the relevant category/business team/division and/or any other relevant internal stakeholder;
- Driving contract lifecycle from drafting to signature through completion of the full negotiation process till signature;
- Maintaining a deep understanding of local laws and regulations, contracts SOP, Nestle Trinidad and Tobago and NCI legal requirements, legal risk and liability and Nestlé Group risks position on various matters;
- Interpreting contracts and advising categories/business units on contractual responsibilities and risks mitigation
- In alignment with direction from HOL, instruct and liaise with external counsel on litigation and other legal matters including managing the various disputes and coordinating litigation of our Nestlé affiliates in NTTL, NCI and NiM;
- Attend court cases as a representative of Nestlé company and/or as a witness;
- Follow-up and monitor of court cases with the local lawyers and update the internal stakeholders accordingly;
- Review pleadings/memorandums.
- Collaborate with the Country/Business Controller, the Head of Legal ande Compliance and local counsel to follow-up litigation cases and to efficiently resolve lawsuits.
- Define with the guidance and direction of HOL the strategy for specific dispute and investigation
What will make you successful
- Professionally qualified lawyer (with at least 3-5 years experience post qualification)
- Previous in-house counsel experience in a multinational or FMCG company
- Proven management and leadership experience in legal function and projects
- Experience of working with senior management on high pressure/high visibility projects
- Proven successes working collaboratively with people from different disciplines and cultures.
- External focus with an objective to connect with external stakeholders to anticipate emerging risks and legal trends, shape and leverage external landscape