KPMG in Jamaica is hiring an IT Audit Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
KPMG is a global organization of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories with close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG in Jamaica is seeking to hire a dynamic, highly motivated and competent IT Audit Manager to lead a team of professionals that is closely aligned with both our Advisory and Audit practices. The successful candidate will manage the detailed day-to-day planning and execution of IT Audit and Advisory services to exceed our clients' expectations. This will include serving as manager on ITA engagements, getting involved in supporting engagements in other service lines and will also participate in the management, development and growth of the practice.
ITA professionals also regularly assist with other Risk and Management Consulting engagements, including but not limited to IT Advisory engagements in a range of areas, such as:
- IT Governance, Risk, and Control (IT GRC)
- Cyber Security and Privacy
- Business Resilience (Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning)
- Business Systems Controls
- IT Project Risk Management and Independent Quality Assurance
- CIO Advisory
- IT in the Internal Audit
As a key part of our Risk and Management Consulting team, successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and execution of engagement and project plans.
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Audit and assessment of IT governance, risks and controls in a range of areas, such as:
- IT planning and organization
- IT project risks and controls
- General IT controls (e.g. access, system development, change, and operations controls)
- Business process controls, including application and interface controls
- Data conversion
- Planning, managing and completing project tasks including: liaising with client and KPMG teams; collecting, testing and analyzing information; documenting and evaluating IT processes, controls, policies, strategies; and performing detailed quality assurance review and feedback on the work of others.
- Communicating (written and verbal) findings and recommendations to the client including technical and business communication to management through the preparation of reports and analyses; preparation of advisory and assurance reports and related deliverables.
- Providing technical expertise to support other services.
- Business development: taking an active role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services; developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients; identifying and assisting in pursuit of opportunities; assisting in development of marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research.
- Prepare proposals of our services and fees for client / prospective clients.
- Contributing to other practice and firm initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, HR initiatives, and practice management activities.
- Providing guidance and oversight to more junior personnel.
- Actively develop assigned team members through mentoring, coaching and formal performance management.
- All duties are required to be performed with a high level of attention to detail and sometimes under time constraints to meet specified deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Ability to identify and evaluate risks (e.g. strategic/operational, financial, financial reporting, compliance and audit risks) and their IT underpinnings.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
- Accounting and audit / IT audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CA, CIA, and/or CISA) are an asset
- Aspiration to pursue further relevant education and designations (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, PMP, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of combined relevant experience in Audit (internal and/or external audit), Consulting (e.g. system implementation, project management, IT consulting, risk management consulting, cyber security, etc.), and/or relevant roles in industry or the public sector (e.g. risk management or internal control function, IT, cyber security, finance and accounting, project management, system implementation project experience, etc.) is required.
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, on both a formal and informal basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Strong business, engagement, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills with the Windows environment including proficiency in MS Office.
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment with excellent analytical, problem-solving and report writing skills
- Exposure to managing multiple complex engagements
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively on multiple engagements concurrently
- Client-service oriented with the ability to develop and contribute to building strong client relationships
Compensation and benefits are very competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all interested applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.