Advantage Communications Inc. is hiring a Director of IT on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
When you're an employee of Advantage Communications, you're home. Located at the Towers in New Kingston, we are looking for strong community leaders who embody our 4 core values. If you are a positive person, honest, humble and fun to work with, we'd very much like you to become a member of our team!
Reporting to the Vice-President, Technology, the Director, Information Technology is responsible to hold a leading role in the strategic planning and implementation of the IT enterprise applications, infrastructure, and telecommunications and ensuring that investments in technology enables the provision of reliable and effective services in a fiscally responsible manner. The post holder will ensure that technology services, processes and direction align with organizational and long-term corporate objectives. This position will also be responsible for management of certain members of the technology team and is recognized as a leader in the introduction of IT related infrastructure that improves the customer experience as well as providing further efficiencies in the delivery of business services. The Director, Information Technology is responsible for the communication between the technology department and the business/vendor/clients and has excellent interpersonal skills, is respectful in all aspects of their work and conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times. The successful incumbent is passionate about people, process, technology, is a team-player, has open/honest communication, able to prioritize and meet deadlines and strives to always be up to date with the latest and greatest technology and trends.
HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provide department leadership and direct the company’s technology efforts.
- Ensure continued development and execution of technical strategies.
- Support business operations to improve cost effectiveness and service quality.
- Conduct risk assessments and prioritize IT initiatives.
- Provide project management, monitoring and reporting to the management team.
- Support technical aspects of consulting engagements and client projects.
- Establish IT department goals and objectives.
- Establish operating procedures consistent with the strategic planning, including core values.
- Meet with Principal groups to “translate, communicate, and educate”.
- Participate in strategic planning, growth and acquisition planning.
- Ensure continuous delivery of technology services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT system & procedure performance.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the technology industry.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between company and external resources such as vendors and clients.
- Assist with 2nd level support when/where applicable.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Assigns and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Defines, acquires, and allocates budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function and monitors performance across resource channels
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to Business Objectives
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Identifies, clarifies and communicates project vision, goals and objectives and how these tie into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision
- Performance pay incentives
- Career growth opportunities
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to prepare and respond to requests for proposals and other documents as required.
- Ability to develop, deploy and enforce policy and procedures.
- Ability to motivate in a team-orientated collaborative environment.
- Project management expertise ensuring deployments are managed within timelines and budgets.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux systems
- Must embrace the principals and ethics upheld by the company and its clients.
- Proven decision making ability
- Disaster recovery expertise.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage a small technology team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
Experience & Education
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience within a management role in the IT sector.
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience maintaining network, server, and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Experience within the BPO sector would be an asset, specifically with terminology and industry technology requirements.
- Experience in writing reports, business correspondence, technical documentation and RPF responses.
- Experience in working in a high-paced, high-pressure environment would be an asset
- Completion of post-secondary education with a degree or diploma in any IT-related field would or equivalent experience would be an asset.
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders
- Microsoft certifications (MCSE, MCP, MCTS, etc…) would be an asset.
- Cisco certifications (CCNA, etc…) would be an asset.
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), virtualization (vmware, citrix), devops and virtual operating model experience are all considered to be assets.