Yello Media Group in Barbados is hiring a Technical Support Specialist on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
The Technical Support Specialist main responsibility is to provide technical support and troubleshooting services to end-users ensuring that applications/systems are working properly to accomplish organizational tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field.
- A minimum of five (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
SPECIALISED SKILLS, TECHNICALS/LEARNED DISCIPLINE:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn, absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Excellent time management skills
- Good stress management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate solutions to both technical and non-technical end-users
- Knowledge of Company policies and practices
- In-depth knowledge of the products and services offered by the company and associated rates and tariffs
- Patience and resourcefulness with a desire to help others
- Strong documentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Handling System-related issues
- Receive incoming help requests from end users via emails, telephone, face to face work orders in a courteous manner
- Troubleshoot issues effectively in order to diagnose the problem and provide a solution.
- Prioritize and schedule problems and end user queries
- Escalate issues to vendors for investigation and a timely resolution
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to end users to ensure customer
- Document all pertinent end user identification information to include name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue.
- Maintain records of completed and pending job requests for bug fixes enhancements and new features.
- Evaluate documented solutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Create user-friendly manuals as a point of reference to assist new and existing users to use the different systems to perform daily tasks.
Develop and maintain rapport with software vendors
- Develop and maintain good relationships with software vendors to maintain proper software operation for end users to effectively accomplish organizational tasks.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from vendors
- Improve existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes, recommending changes and making modifications.
- Test fixes and enhancements to ensure problems are adequately resolved o Evaluate new releases for varying systems to ensure consistency with requirements
- Train users across the Yello Media Group territories (remotely and on-site) to use the systems to execute daily tasks.
Reports and Meetings
- Report/Escalate system issues to the relevant personnel.
- Circulate weekly report of system issues to the relevant personnel for discussion with vendors.
- Compile Ad-hoc report for system and end-user queries.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- Normal office environment.
- Overtime will be required
- Overseas travel to other offices may be required from time to time
- Local travel to external IT service providers will be required
- Must have the ability to obtain a US or relevant visa
We offer an attractive compensation package plus statutory benefits.
YELLO MEDIA GROUP LTD RECRUITMENT POLICY NOTICE:
Under the Cayman Islands Data Protection Law, Yello Media Group (Cayman) Ltd need explicit consent from individuals to process, collect and store your data for the purpose of evaluating your suitability for potential employment with the company. Yello Media Group (Cayman) Ltd is committed to being compliant with all applicable Data Protection Laws to keep your information private and secure. As part of the job application process with Yello Media Group (Cayman) Ltd it is necessary that you read our Recruitment Policy: Yello Media Group Ltd Recruitment Policy Notice and confirm your consent to share your personal data to enable Yello Media Group (Cayman Ltd) to evaluate you for the purposes of potential employment.
Please select the box on the application form confirming that you have read and understood our Recruitment Policy and freely give your consent to share your personal data with us prior to pressing the Submit Application.