Grand Hyatt Baha Mar in Bahamas is hiring a STEWARD - STEWARDING (GRAND HYATT BAHA MAR) (JOB ID: 383) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year + of experience in Stewarding preferred
- Hospitality/Tourism experience preferred
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 lbs, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down and remain stationary at times throughout work periods.
Description of Responsibilities
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar’s Steward will work together with the Team Leader - Stewarding to maintain all aspects of the entire kitchen cleaning and stewarding functions including heart of house operations, inventories and sanitation. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to team leader. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
- Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
- Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty dishes
- Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
- Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
- Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
- Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
- Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment
- Clean spills in kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Take inventories of china, silverware, and glassware
- Reports shortage and request replacement of equipment
- Stay current on industry trends and health ordinances
- Perform other duties as assigned