Sandy Lane in Barbados is hiring a HOST/ HOSTESS on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Sandy Lane Hotel, an AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Five Star exclusive resort and a member of Leading Hotels of the World, is seeking to recruit a Front Office Receptionist.
The Host/Hostess will report to the Restaurant Manager. They will be responsible for greeting the Guest, escorting them to the table and seating them cordially and courteously thereby ensuring a genuine welcome and interest in their dining experience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains efficient and attentive service to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes opening and closing duties
- Answers the telephone, takes reservations, handles walk-ins as well as answers the Guests questions
- Understands the sequence of service in the restaurant, the table numbers, chair position and floor plan
- Greets and seats the Guests, presents the menu and the wine lists, ascertains water preference and takes beverage order
- Provides service in the lounge area and the front bar when necessary
- Takes food and wine order, opens a check and posts the order whenever the business levels require and/or an instruction is received from the manager.
- Monitors the room and presence and serves the wine/champagne whenever the business levels require and/or an instruction is received from the manager.
- Follows up on wine/cocktails and clears cocktails and wine glasses and ashtrays
- Checks for satisfaction and handles complaints by actively communicating with the manager.
- Provides post meal service and farewell, handles complaints as well as lost and found
Our ideal candidate must possess:
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft office, good computer and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer service and use initiative
- At least two years’ experience in hospitality or a similar environment.
- Ability to work under stress calmly and professionally in a busy environment.
- Ability to stand and walk for a full shift.
To apply please log on to ----- to complete an application form and submit a résumé.