Lovango Resort + Beach Club in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Server Assistant on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Our restaurant concept is built on providing signature dining experiences to our guest. Our restaurant provides not only a stunning landscape, but a warm welcoming atmosphere with delicious-contemporary food. Our service is genuine, welcoming and we are here to make our guest experience memorable.
- Provides an extraordinary hospitality experience for all our guests.
- Warm, smiling & friendly demeanor, engaging conversationalist.
- Remember and recognize repeat guests.
- Interacts with all guest, employees and purveyors in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Ensures fast and efficient service to all guest requests.
- Working knowledge of all bar equipment and supplies.
- Promotes a professional, safe, helpful and courteous work environment
- Alcohol awareness program is strictly enforced.
- Ensures cleanliness standards are adhered to.
- Ensures sanitation policies are properly followed.
- Management is involved in all guest and employee altercations.
- Follows and maintains all par levels and restocking procedures.
- Any and all situations involving illegal substances needs to be reported to management.
- Complies with all aspects of the Lovango Resort & Beach Club Handbook regarding time & attendance
- Harassment of any type will not be tolerated.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintains a clean, neat, organized and well-manicured & well-stocked restaurant.
- Ensures proper glassware is clean and stocked for service.
- Opening and closing procedures are followed each shift.
- Fruited Water to be delivered to tables within two minutes of sitting.
- Par stocking and restocking of bar & wine room.
- Keep all service wells stocked with ice.
- Assists Bartender with food service to guests.
- Handle all dish service to and from the kitchen.
- Protect our assets: glassware, equipment, furniture and fixtures.
- Clean Restaurant Floors
- Take out restaurant trash with stewards at the end of each shift.
- Follows all food & beverage control policies.
- Is environmentally conscious i.e.: conserves electricity, conserves water, conserves paper products, and conserves natural gas, recycle when possible.
- Controls breakage of all breakable items.
- Controls waste and abuse on all perishable items.
- Protects thru proper usage and care all bar equipment and restaurant assets.
- Reports to Management any suspicious activities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Restaurant or customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain a local USVI food handler card.
- Must be able to stand continuously throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of other people, such as waitstaff, cooks, management and sometimes customers
- Calm demeanor to work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment