Lovango Resort + Beach Club in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Server on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Our restaurant concept is built on providing signature dining experiences to our guest. Our restaurant provides not only a stunning landscape, but a warm welcoming atmosphere with delicious-contemporary food. Our service is genuine, welcoming and we are here to make our guest experience memorable.
- Provides an extraordinary hospitality experience for all our guests.
- Warm, smiling & friendly demeanor, engaging conversationalist.
- Remember and recognize repeat guests.
- Ensures fast and efficient service to all guests both in and out of assigned station.
- Interacts with all guest, employees and purveyors in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Up-sells brand name liquors, foods and wines.
- Proficient knowledge of all menus, specials, wine list, beers and beverages.
- Promotes a professional, helpful and courteous work environment
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Maintains a clean, neat, organized and well-manicured dining room and side station areas.
- Ensures that proper service expectations and techniques are performed.
- Opening and closing procedures are followed each shift
- Promotes, sells and services both food and beverages to guests.
- Ensures that all assigned cleaning of dining room and side stations are accomplished after each shift.
- Protect our assets: glassware, equipment, furniture and fixtures.
Policies and Procedures
- Alcohol awareness program is strictly enforced.
- Management is involved in all guest and employee altercations.
- All beverages and foods are accounted for using the P.O.S. system.
- Collect payment for all beverages and food served
- Follows and maintains all par levels and restocking procedures.
- Any and all situations involving illegal substances needs to be reported to management.
- Complies with all aspects of the Lovango Resort & Beach Club Handbook.
- Harassment of any type is not to be promoted or tolerated.
- Ensures all guest checks are properly handled.
- Follows all banking and cashier procedures.
- Maintains proper bank and cash drop at end of shift.
- Proper tip reporting procedures are adhered too.
- Controls waste and abuse through Par Stocks on all perishable items.
(i.e. fruits, juices, paper goods and linen)
- At least 18 years old.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Team player.
- Maintains a current state alcohol serving permit
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs.
- Ability to move up to 150 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule.
- Must be a service minded individual with a positive attitude who truly enjoys helping others.
- Must be quick on their feet and adept at handling stressful situations seamlessly.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to handle criticism.
Minimum 2 years Food & Beverage experience required preferably as Server. High school diploma preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Ability to obtain Food Service Sanitation certification. First Aid and CPR certification preferred. All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Successful applicant will pass pre-employment background check and maintain COVID vaccination status.