Lovango Resort + Beach Club in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Greeter on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Our restaurant concept is built on providing signature dining experiences to our guest. Our restaurant provides not only a stunning landscape, but a warm welcoming atmosphere with delicious-contemporary foods. Our service is genuine, welcoming and we are here to make our guest experience memorable.
- Provide an extraordinary hospitality experience.
- Warm, smiling & friendly demeanor, engaging conversation’s
- Present Lovango guests with an incredible first impression.
- Remember and recognize repeat guests.
- Ensures guests feel welcomed and attended to.
- Accommodates guest needs in a timely manner.
- Answers phones and handles seating arrangements.
- Promotes a professional, helpful and courteous work environment
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Greets guests warmly and welcomes them to Lovango
- Confirm number in party and escort guests to appropriate tables
- Ensures phones are answered properly with appropriate greeting
- Maintains a clean, neat, organized and well-manicured host stand and dining room.
- Opening and closing procedures are followed each shift
- Promotes bar and bar dining when on a wait
- Handles Take-out orders and processes payment when necessary
- Continuously checks dining room & restrooms to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- Keeps all menus, wine lists and promotional items current, clean and organized.
- Ensures ambiance guidelines are followed throughout the restaurant
- Informs guests when to close out tab before seating
- Follows up with bartender before escorting guest to table.
- Ensures all take-out orders are properly handled in the P.O.S..
- Controls waste and abuse through Par Stocks on all perishable items
- Protect our assets: menus, wine lists, equipment, furniture and fixtures.
Policies and Procedures
- All Guests are greeted within 5 seconds of arrival.
- Phone is answered in two rings.
- Guests are kept properly informed of wait times
- Follows proper guest seating and distribution of tables
- Management is involved in all guest and employee altercations.
- Follows all large party reservation procedures
- Follows and maintains all par levels and restocking procedures.
- All guests are thanked and welcomed back
- Any and all situations involving illegal substances needs to be reported to management
- Complies with all aspects of Little Gem Resorts handbook regarding time & attendance
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Team player.
- Maintains a current state alcohol serving permit
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs.
- Ability to move up to 150 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule.
- Must be a service minded individual with a positive attitude who truly enjoys helping others.
- Must be quick on their feet and adept at handling stressful situations seamlessly.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to handle criticism.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
- Ability to use various office equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, calculators, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
Prior Food & Beverage experience required. High school diploma preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Ability to obtain Food Service Sanitation certification. First Aid and CPR certification preferred. All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). Ability to converse with guests and employees in English.
Successful applicant will pass pre-employment background check and maintain COVID vaccination status.