Lovango Resort + Beach Club in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Retail General Store Clerk on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Our restaurant/resort concept is built on providing signature dining experiences to our guest. Our restaurant provides not only a stunning landscape, but a warm welcoming atmosphere with delicious-contemporary food. Our service is genuine, welcoming and we are here to make our guest experience memorable.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to being responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information. Individual responsibilities as a Retail Associate may include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise, assisting in display of merchandise, or organizing the selling floor and stock areas, taking food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and to serve food to the guest according to the resort’s food and beverage specifications, courteously and efficiently. Must process payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash and store or other credit cards. Must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. Maintains a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting store's commitment to our customer. Develops product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Stays current with promotional events and sales. Performing all duties and adhering to the Food & Beverage Service Standards.
- Thorough knowledge of understanding of sales principles, food & beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Be familiar with all the resorts services/features and local attractions in order to assist the guest
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness and maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Anticipate the guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests; resolve guests’ complaints and ensure guest satisfaction
- Take guest retail, food & beverage orders utilizing suggestive up selling techniques
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Answers guest questions about retail, food, beverages, and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner
- Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards
- Identifies food orders when ready and delivers items in a timely manner
- Present guests check and process payments. Adhere to cash handling and credit policies/procedures. Balance cash receipts
- Develops relationships with guests
- Communicates with entire resort staff to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintains professional relationships with all co-workers
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns to ensure guest satisfaction
- Answer outlet phone using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures.
- Prepares work area for either, opening, mid-shift, or closing in accordance with company standards.
- Complete side work during non-busy hours
- Responsible and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas and proper food handling
- Always maintains a professional appearance
- Maintain complete knowledge of all retail, food & beverage items, including liquor brands, beers, nonalcoholic selections available
- Maintains complete knowledge of and comply with all department policies/service procedures and standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of and STRICKLY abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated guests and drunk driving
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hotel & Resort from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position
- Constantly increasing knowledge of retail, food, beverages, and other products and services
- Performs related tasks and functions as requested by manager
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of additional supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel
- At least 18 years old.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Team player.
- Maintains a current state alcohol serving permit
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs.
- Ability to move up to 150 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule.
- Must be a service minded individual with a positive attitude who truly enjoys helping others.
- Must be quick on their feet and adept at handling stressful situations seamlessly.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to handle criticism.
Minimum 1-year Retail and or Food & Beverage experience required preferably. High school diploma preferred. Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Ability to obtain Food Service Sanitation certification. First Aid and CPR certification preferred. All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available). Ability to converse with guests and employees in English.
Successful applicant will pass pre-employment background check and maintain COVID vaccination status.