eGov Jamaica Limited is hiring a Network Engineer II on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Under the supervision of the Manager – Network Services, the Network Engineer II will develop network systems, work with operating systems and related applications; identify network technologies that may enhance existing communication solutions; ensure consistency in the reliability, performance and quality of integrated network solutions. The incumbent will ensure that standards and best practices are adhered to in all network design, configuration and implementation.
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Training in Network Analysis, Design and Development.
- At least 3 years’ experience in WAN/LAN design, configuration and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet, OSPF, PPP, BGP, VPN, Wireless, QoS and other internet/intranet Technologies.
- Good technical knowledge of VoIP technology.
- Good knowledge of network security vulnerabilities and related mitigation tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of Structured Cabling System design and implementation.
- CCNA/ CCNP or equivalent Certification in Network design and troubleshooting is desirable.
The candidate possessing the following competencies will have a distinct advantage:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Applications should be sent to:
Director – Human Resource Management & Administration
eGov Jamaica Limited
P.O. Box 407
Or email: *****@egovja.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity. Please note, however, that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.