Ross University School of Medicine in Barbados is hiring a Coordinator, Housing on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Opportunity at a Glance
The Housing Coordinator will be responsible for providing support and assistance in all aspect of the Housing functions by performing duties as listed below and support the Ross University Housing (RUH) Department mission “To provide quality services that will enhance the character of RUSM campus life for faculty, staff, students, visitors, associates and neighboring community.“ The position reports to the Housing Manager:
- Database Management- Room/Housing Assignment-Maintain as current, all information, including photos, on the Housing Database for every unit of The Villages at Coverley Student homes and manage room assignments.
- Facilitate housing transfers utilizing housing database (StarRez)
- Liaise with the housing database service provider on all issues affecting our ability to maintain the accurate up keep of the database information and malfunctioning areas, and maintain appropriate records.
- Lease and Inventory Management of lease| sub leases and room inventory.
- Responsible for ensuring that necessary documents are completed and submitted for billing of students.
- Assist in preparation for and the on boarding of new student intake as directed by standard procedures in the “Semester End & Start up Work Breakdown Schedule” and Housing Manager which may include facilitating the Housing Orientation presentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all RUH tenant rooms are prepared according to standards for all tenants and conduct check-out home assessments.
- Maintain schedule for cleaning and preparation of student rooms.
- Process check in and check out documents on arrival and departure of RUH tenants.
- Maintain all RUH occupancy records to include tenants’ rent and housing fee payments.
- Maintain a key log for all student room keys.
- Submit, log and follow up on work request as required and within stipulated time line.
- Collect and maintain statistics and data for all identified Key Performance areas and as directed by Housing Manager to include but not limited to Room Condition check log, Room Inventory Track.
- Respond to emails in the Housing and Communication Manager’s mailbox in accordance with current processes and as directed by Housing Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining storeroom and inventory for Housing Department.
- Assist Housing Manager, coordinators and community advisors as needed.
- Manage department’s petty cash float and ensure all disbursements are approved by Housing Manager.
- Participate in all departmental team building and staff development activities.
- Manage front office traffic to include in person walk-ins/incoming telephone calls, provide tier one and two responses to FAQs or transfer students to relevant housing staff capable of addressing their issues.
- Manage receipt and delivery of incoming student packages that are unable to fit in mailboxes.
- Any other duties commensurate with position which may be assigned from time to time
- Provide evening/weekend on -call coverage for housing department emergencies
- Completes other duties as assigned.
This position is a designated Campus Security Authority.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance promptly, in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, willing to work flexible hours including “on call” shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations with the ability to write clearly and informatively in a professional style.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Ability to initiate and/ or help with improvement to processes that positively impacts the team
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others and maintains confidentiality.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, the individual should be computer literate with knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and the ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of applied Internet based software as required for the position e.g. Housing database, Data Management Systems & Salesforce
Required Credentials and Education
- An Associate degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience in hospitality or related customer service field.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
With more than 14,000 alumni practicing throughout North America,Ross University School of Medicine has been providing students with the foundation to pursue successful careers in medicine since 1978. The Ross experience is “Dedita Scientiae Medendi” – dedicated to the science of healing – and we are proud of our rich tradition of preparing students for their life’s work as physicians. Students complete medical sciences coursework at our new world-class campus in Barbados, followed by clinical education in the United States at leading teaching hospitals across the country.
Ross is proud to fulfill a social mission by educating a diverse group of skilled doctors who practice primary care, work in medically underserved areas, and are more representative overall of the communities in which they serve.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them.