itel in Jamaica is hiring a Technical Analyst - Kingston on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Do you get overly excited by new technology? Are you that friend that everyone calls when they have a computer problem? Do you like setting up and troubleshooting PC's? Then this might be the job for you.
What will you do:
- Assist team members with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with Desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure desktop computers are able to interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer Conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Assist staff to resolve issues with computer hardware or software components.
- Meet with clientele to discuss technical requirements, system functionality and provide required reports.
- Performs related work: the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to that position.
What will you bring:
- 1 -2 years' experience supporting Windows 7, 8 or 10 desktop/laptop PCs.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktops, laptop PCs, Hard phones, printers and other required peripherals.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops and Servers.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software and printing issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving & judgment skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy required