Grand Bahama Power Company in Bahamas is hiring a STOREMAN III on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Storeman III is an entry level position in the GBPC Warehouse Operations, located at one or more locations. Warehouse Operations include the receiving, custody and issuance of inventory and supplies (both stock and non-stock) for administrative, maintenance, operational and project support at GBPC.
The Storeman III provides administrative (Office) or technical (Operational) support in the operation and maintenance of the Warehouse Area and participates in all direct and indirect Warehouse activities as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor. These activities include, but are not limited to, stock, non-stock and materials receiving, returns, transfers, issuance, distribution, custody and control, housekeeping and cleanup, equipment checks, safety inspections and records keeping.
Duties and Tasks:
Health, Safety & Environmental:
- Ensure compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and health standard
- Ensure completion of all health, safety and environmental training.
Administrative (Office Support):
- Answers telephone, records and acts on messages received.
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic filing systems for warehouse operations.
- Completes documentation and/or computer data entry for key warehouse operations including, but not limited to: Receiving Reports, Stock Transfer Reports, Stock Issuance/Movement, Stock Returns, Stock Loss or Shrinkage.
- Maintains log and completes relevant documentation for deliveries and pick up related to distribution activities.
- Maintains Inventory Management Systems as directed.
- Completes safety area inspections as directed.
Technical (Operational Support):
- Picks up and drops off GBPC imported and exported goods between shippers (located at Harbour, Airport or otherwise), brokers and GBPC requisitoners.
- Picks up and drops off locally procured GBPC goods between supplier and GBPC requisitoner.
- Picks up and transports of purchased supplies between local vendors and GBPC requsitioners.
- Performs courier duties by picking up and delivering mail, documents and other small packages between local mail stations, institutions and various departments.
- Checks and receives stock, non-stock and project materials purchased by all Departments.
- Assists in maintaining inventory levels by checking and reporting on stock levels
- Operates Warehouse counter to issue requisitioned materials and accept returned materials.
- Prepares and stages pre-ordered materials from inventory.
- Relocates materials within warehouse to maintain accuracy, safety and efficiency of Stock.
- Distributes requisitioned inventory to requisitioner’s worksite transports returned material to the Warehouse as required
- Assists with audits, cycle counts and physical counts as directed.
- Attends Tailgate meetings and participates in all required Environmental, Safety and Security programs as directed by Warehouse Supervisor.
- Performs routine equipment inspections (shelves, trucks, forklifts, etc.).
- Performs regular and non-routine housekeeping to maintain cleanliness and orderliness of Warehouse Areas.
- Conducts other tasks as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor or designee.
- High School Diploma with BGCSE with Grade “C” or Above in English and Mathematics.
- Possession of a valid Driver License
- Able-bodied, with ability to lift boxes and other items unassisted.
- Proficiency in Computers and in each of the following software: Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Willingness and ability to learn and operate computer based Inventory Management
- Systems, inclusive of mobile devices and desktop devices.
- Willingness and ability to operate as part of a team and to support the work of others.
- Willingness and ability to learn to operate a forklift is preferred, but not required.
- Must be self-directed, meticulous and thorough.