Voices GY in Guyana is hiring a Migration Programme Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
About Voices GY
Voices GY is a registered Guyanese non-profit organisation, active since April 2018. Our mission is to empower the voices of our communities, through strengthening social cohesion, cultural integration and human rights in the country. As an organisation, we are founded on a community-based approach which prioritises building the capacities of marginalised communities to lead their own development in a Guyana that values and respects diversity and inclusion. Our work is organised under three main areas: Migration, Culture and Environment.
About the role
Voices GY’s largest area of work to date has been that of Migration. In partnership with organisations such as the International Organisation for Migration (IOM Guyana) and the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF), Voices GY benefits between 150-250 refugees and migrants each week through our programmes. These include the largest online ESL program in the region; a pioneering small business programme with training, branding and micro-grant support; and an intercultural and bilingual education pilot programme focused on mainstreaming and strengthening indigenous languages spoken by migrants and host communities; among many others.
The Migration Programme Manager position at Voices GY is a new position, and will be aimed at coordinating permanent and project staff within the Migration area to ensure the continued quality of Voices GY’s assistance to refugees and migrants. In doing so, the Migration Programme Manager will be the country focal point for relations with partner organisations and donors, and - in collaboration with the Project Manager and Director - will lead the direction of the organisation’s future programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure the organisation’s strategy and goals are aligned with projects and activities
- To be the primary focal point for Voices GY’s migration assistance in Guyana, including communication with partner agencies, donors and other stakeholders.
- To ensure the continued overall effectiveness of Voices GY’s migration programmes to refugee and migrant beneficiaries.
- To ensure financial sustainability of migration projects
- To oversee and supervise financial expenditure and reporting to partners and donor agencies.
- To oversee all staff and projects within the Migration area, including identifying and hiring new staff where appropriate.
- To work with the Director and Project Manager to propose and develop new concepts and projects, and seek out new donors, to ensure the continuity of Voices GY’s migration programmes.
- To engage media entities as a representative of Voices GY’s Migration focus and advance public awareness of Voices GY’s assistance in this area.
- To undertake monitoring duties relating to Voices GY’s Migration focus.
- To coordinate with staff outside of the Migration focus (e.g. Director, Project Manager, office staff) to ensure coherence with Voices GY’s Culture and Environment programmes.
- To exercise adaptability to undertake any other role that contributes to the smooth operation of the Migration area.
- Education: Advanced university degree in international development, international relations, social sciences, human rights, or similar. Holders of undergraduate degrees in similar areas will be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years' experience in migration, development, human rights or similar with an undergraduate degree OR 4 years with a postgraduate degree.
- Languages: Fluency in English is a must. Conversational fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Profound understanding of the migration context in Guyana and the realities faced by refugees and migrants.
- Understanding of the international context of migrant support and familiarity with migration assistance internationally.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders including CSOs, government institutions, intergovernmental organizations and suppliers (private sector)
- Experience coordinating staff and projects.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills, punctuality and self-drive.
- Honesty, integrity and reliability are paramount.
To apply, send the following documents to *****@gmail.com. Applicants who fail to provide all documents will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Contact details for 2 referees (email and telephone)
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Voices GY is not only an Equal Opportunities Employer – diversity is at the root of all that we do and strive for. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and identities to apply and enrich the work we undertake.