Aireko Construction Group in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Labor on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
JOB SUMMARY: Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris, and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to heat or move materials, such as asphalt.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes.
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, or masons.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- At least six (6) months of experience in a combination of two or more skilled trades including knowledge of and ability to use tools materials and methods.
AIREKO is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other applicable legally protected considerations made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.