The Longboard in US Virgin Islands is hiring a The Longboard St. John - Sous Chef on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
OUR EXCITING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Longboard | St. John is a Caribbean-inspired coastal kitchen, focusing on fresh, local ingredients. We offer light and healthy fare and creative cocktails inspired by coastal regions around the globe. The Longboard celebrates the adventurous yet laid back ocean lifestyle of the islands, embracing St. John’s tropical setting, local flavors, and relaxed island mentality. We believe in a safe and vaccinated workplace.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys coaching and working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
The Sous Chef supports the Executive Chef to ensure menu items are executed with excellence in the restaurant. For this position, a great attitude, problem-solving skills, strong communication abilities, and a hard work ethic go a long way. We are searching for a Sous Chef with the ability to lead others. This is a dynamic position that requires a strong passion for both food and people.
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance with standards set by the Executive Chef.
- Complete all opening-closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation.
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintaining new recipes, presentations, and products.
- Have a working knowledge of inventory ordering systems.
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work environment.
- Foster a positive, inclusive environment for all staff and guests.
- Minimum of 3 years of kitchen experience
- Some management experience preferred
- Passion for training and development of others
- Strong work ethic and even temperament
- Attention to details of food quality, preparation and presentation
- Flexible and adaptive to rapidly changing priorities and work demands
- Strong computer skills
- Culinary degree or equivalent experience
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Ballast Hospitality, setting a professional example at all times
- Available to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required
- Covid-19 Vaccine
WHO WE ARE
We believe in living our values, some of which are:
- Without integrity, all else fails.
- We believe in the ongoing training and development of our staff, and see it as a worthy investment in the future of the company.
- Without creativity, there is no innovation.
- We believe that only a happy and professional staff can give the level of personal service we demand.
- We believe in providing legendary service – the unique and powerful sort of personal care and attention that our guests tell stories about.
- We expect to work hard, exude professionalism, and have fun in the workplace - simultaneously.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Longboard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.