The Longboard in US Virgin Islands is hiring a The Longboard St. John - Prep Cook on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Our exciting work environment
The Longboard – St. John is a Caribbean-inspired coastal kitchen, focusing on fresh, local ingredients. We offer light and healthy fare and creative cocktails inspired by coastal regions around the globe. The Longboard celebrates the adventurous yet laid back ocean lifestyle of the island, embracing St. John’s tropical setting, local flavors and relaxed island mentality.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
The Longboard prep cook is an individual who assists the BOH staff in preparing food, maintains a safe and clean food environment and takes on other culinary tasks as delegated. The ideal prep cook candidate is focused, driven, detail-oriented and comfortable working in a kitchen environment.
- Working with local ingredients for the preparation of menu items
- Assisting the BOH team with all preparation and organization in the kitchen
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Honing existing skills while learning new techniques.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, an exceptional work ethic, and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
The Longboard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.