The Longboard in US Virgin Islands is hiring a The Longboard St. John - Line Cook on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Our exciting work environment
The Longboard – St. John is a Caribbean-inspired coastal kitchen, focusing on fresh, local ingredients. We offer light and healthy fare and creative cocktails inspired by coastal regions around the globe. The Longboard celebrates the adventurous yet laid-back ocean lifestyle of the island, embracing St. John’s tropical setting, local flavors, and relaxed island mentality. We believe in a safe and vaccinated workplace.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
The line cook is responsible for preparing excellent meals as well as assisting with other back of house duties. Our line cooks support the team and help to create and maintain an exciting, inviting environment. This person should be a high-energy and positive individual who should be self-motivated, eager to learn, and adaptable. We offer a unique, fun environment with the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Ability to prepare food to the exact specifications of the chef; dedicated to creating well-executed and delicious food.
- Able to work quickly while implementing set standards including abiding by quality, portion control, and presentation expectations.
- Prepare for food service; clean and chop food, set up, and stock stations.
- Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Strong work ethic and attention to cleanliness a must. Keen attention to detail. Assist with cleaning and stocking. Open and close the restaurant and perform related work as requested.
- Ability to perform objectives in a timely and efficient manner with a focus on quality while always maintaining a positive and professional approach with coworkers.
- Promote and embrace the restaurant’s community and culture by demonstrating respect, positive energy, dependability, honesty, initiative, outgoing nature, and a pleasant, professional appearance.
- At least 1 year of related experience required
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, an exceptional work ethic, and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Covid-19 Vaccine