The Easterly in US Virgin Islands is hiring a The Easterly - Prep Cook on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
OUR EXCITING WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Easterly | St. Thomas is a waterfront dining oasis offering innovative craft cocktails and wood-fired cuisine representative of the rustic Caribbean. The menu is ocean-to-table focused, and utilizes locally grown produce and local flavors to compliment the dishes. The Easterly offers one of the Virgin Island’s most robust beverage programs with unique handcrafted cocktails, twists on Caribbean favorites, and an extensive list of craft beers & wine. Tucked away in an oasis of palm trees and rich greenery, the restaurant exudes a Bohemian-island vibe, and offers a social, vibrant and interactive dining experience. We believe in a safe and vaccinated workplace.
The ideal candidate is a practiced problem solver, maintains a calm demeanor under pressure, persists to get the job done, and enjoys working alongside a large team to improve performance and increase retention.
The Easterly prep cook is an individual who assists the BOH staff in preparing food, maintains a safe and clean food environment and takes on other culinary tasks as delegated. The ideal prep cook candidate is focused, driven, detail-oriented and comfortable working in a kitchen environment.
- Working with local ingredients for the preparation of menu items
- Assisting the BOH team with all preparation and organization in the kitchen
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Honing existing skills while learning new techniques
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, an exceptional work ethic, and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- Covid-19 Vaccine
WHO WE ARE
We believe in living our values, some of which are:
- Without integrity, all else fails.
- We believe in the ongoing training and development of our staff, and see it as a worthy investment in the future of the company.
- Without creativity, there is no innovation.
- We believe that only a happy and professional staff can give the level of personal service we demand.
- We believe in providing legendary service – the unique and powerful sort of personal care and attention that our guests tell stories about.
- We expect to work hard, exude professionalism, and have fun in the workplace - simultaneously.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Easterly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.