Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority (VIWMA) in US Virgin Islands is hiring an O&M Technician I on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Operations and Maintenance Technician I - This is the entry-level class in the Operations and Maintenance Technician series. This employee class is distinguished from the Operations and Maintenance Technician II class by the performance of more routine tasks and duties assigned to positions within the series. Assignments are generally limited in scope, contain routine tasks, and are performed within a procedural framework established by higher-level employees. As experience is acquired, incumbents may perform with less immediate supervision while continuing to learn the full scope of duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a full range of general and preventative maintenance and cleaning duties to the Authority’s wastewater collection system, feeder and pump stations.
- Perform preventative maintenance to house and auxiliary pumps to ensure efficient operation.
- Check operations of house pumps and other auxiliary equipment and perform repairs if necessary.
- Cleans and rods sewer mains and laterals.
- Operates high pressure rodders and manual power rodders to remove foreign material or blockage from inside pipes.
- Remove foreign material from lift stations and related structures.
- Repairs gravity mainline and force mains; repairs laterals; remove roots; repairs infiltration sealing and grouting.
- Installs and maintains sewer lines.
- Removes weeds and debris from pump stations, easements, grounds and outfall lines.
- Identifies any signs of blockage that may interrupt flow of the collection system, such as cracks, damage, holes and collapsed collection system.
- Performs work in confined spaces, performs necessary precautions prior to entering confined spaces with potential hazardous atmosphere, use air quality monitor and ventilators.
- Sets traffic control including safety devices, signs and barricades; ensures safety of public and work crews.
- Serves in emergency standby capacity and performs all aspects of collection system maintenance and repair during after hour periods including holidays and weekends.
- Maintains records of maintenance and work performed.
- Perform related duties as required.
EDUCATION/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- One (1) year of general maintenance and construction experience.
- A valid US Virgin Islands driver’s license is required.
- Must be experienced in handling power tools, small motorized equipment as well as heavy equipment.
Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please send your resume and completed employment application to *****@viwma.org or mail or drop off your documents to 3200 Demarara, St. Thomas, VI 00802. Each question must be fully and accurately answered. Incomplete, illegible or unsigned applications will not be considered.