The Harbor Club Curio Collection by Hilton in Saint Lucia is hiring a Baker on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
A baker is responsible for baking fresh loaves of bread, pastries, cookies and other baked goods. Setting out the pastries and preparing fresh bread, pastries and other baked goods for the following day. It is also the baker's responsibility to ensure the quality of the goods being used is up to par and make note of when supplies are running low so that an order can be made.
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads, rolls, and some desserts.
- Develops new products for a la carte or menus on a rotating basis.
- Decorates baked goods, such as cream pies, using a pastry bag.
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines, so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
- Measures or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or graduated containers.
- Prepare garnishes as needed for baked goods.
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet or function.
- Utilizes any and all leftovers into usable products.
- Cleans, breaks down, and puts away all baking equipment including: ovens, mixers, proofer, floors, freezer, and refrigerators.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and can work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.