Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority (VIWMA) in US Virgin Islands is hiring a Facilities Maintenance Coordinator on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator, under the direction of the Facilities Manager oversees the maintenance of the Authority’s facilities. An employee in this position performs highly skilled work to support preventative maintenance plan and physical and repair of the buildings and grounds at the various facilities. The Facilities Maintenance Coordinator will assist the Facilities Manager in tracking expenses and coordinating with external vendors. When working in the field there is exposure to dirty, noisy, and dusty conditions and disagreeable odors and unpleasant weather.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performs needed repair to office spaces.
- Completes office space and grounds clean-up.
- Performs preventative maintenance on buildings including but not limited to; skilled carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, dry walling, plumbing, heating, door hardware, key-ware, exit and emergency lighting.
- Performs advanced level plumbing work including the installation, repair and replacement of plumbing fixtures including sinks, toilets, faucets, water heaters, and pipes.
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remount’s modular offices and spaces (e.g., furniture, wall, panel, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power specialty tools, dollies, and hand trucks.
- Performs adequate level of carpentry work including the repair of porches (stairs, desking, joisting, handrails, trim), walls, windows, doors, and other carpentry work.
- Performs regular grass cutting and ground maintenance.
- Checks rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations.
- Conducts a routine vehicle cleaning plan for the Authority Completes routine pick-ups and delivery of Authority personnel or packages. • Completes the order documents for office and employee breakroom supplies.
- Completes routine cleanings and disinfecting of Authority’s buildings through the Facilities Manager.
- Oversees and monitors activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal, etc.
- Conducts market research and compare costs and benefits when evaluating new vendors.
- Maintains an updated record of invoices from external partners (e.g., suppliers, insurance agents, security guards, etc.)
- Research new services and appliances to facilitate operations.
- Completes monthly report providing overview of task work completed and update on the Authority’s buildings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor/s.
EDUCATION, LICENSE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school or GED diploma from an accredited school
- Five years of relevant construction or maintenance experience
- Knowledge of projects management and construction principles and practices.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Virgin Islands Drivers Licensure
- Certificate or certification in construction or a related field preferred.
- Active involvement in professional facilities management groups preferred.
Virgin Islands Waste Management Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Please send your resume and completed employment application to *****@viwma.org or mail or drop off your documents to 3200 Demarara, St. Thomas, VI 00802. Each question must be fully and accurately answered. Incomplete, illegible or unsigned applications will not be considered.