Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is hiring an On- Call Stewarding Supervisor on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
An exciting opportunity awaits you at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis! As the first and longest standing Caribbean resort in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts portfolio, we are looking for dynamic team members to join us at this iconic property. Four Seasons Resort Nevis is seeking an On-Call Stewarding Supervisor with a passion for excellence and great enthusiasm in providing exceptional service standards. Come be a part of our tradition of more than 30 years of authentic Caribbean hospitality.
Four Seasons Resort Nevis is located on the western coast of the Caribbean island of Nevis, sister island to St. Kitts, and the birthplace of U.S. Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. A place where love and harmony is ever-present, Nevis is a spirited and soulful haven, where both serenity and adventure can be pursued endlessly. Our island home is beaming with natural beauty, from the green summit of Nevis Peak down to the sugar-soft sand of Pinney’s Beach. And our recently renovated resort offers 189 spacious rooms and suites, more than 83 luxurious villas, world class dining with seven distinct restaurants and bars, a championship golf course, an award-winning tennis program, a serene Garden of Eden-like spa and much, much more.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis is looking for suitable qualified applicants to fill the position of On-Call Stewarding Supervisor. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Steward.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work every year since 1998.
The Stewarding Supervisor is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. The Stewarding team works tirelessly behind the scenes making sure that every piece of silver shines and every plate sparkles. Stewarding ensures that each outlet and function has an adequate supply of clean dishes and silverware and also keeps the kitchen and the “heart of house” clean and safe. As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Stewarding Supervisor to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- The ability to execute all tasks of each Steward position in the department.
- The ability to supervise and coordinate the activities of all Stewards to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- The ability to ensure the neatness, cleanliness and order of all kitchens, back of the house areas, storage areas, employee dining room, Stewarding Department machinery, compactor room, carts and tables through constant monitoring and a vigorous cleaning schedule.
- The ability to ensure the proper sanitation and hygiene techniques; as well as the transporting of garbage from various locations throughout the Hotel to be discarded.
- The ability to maintain the wash ware operation to ensure proper supply of clean silverware.
- The ability to work closely with the Chef, Director of F&B, the Banquet Chef and Banquet Manager to coordinate banquet activities with the necessary equipment and food that is required as per specifications and delivered in the agreed upon time.
- The ability to perform the duties of the Executive Steward or Assistant Executive Steward in their absence.
Skills and Abilities
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Prior experience in a Stewarding capacity.
- Computer skills
Consistently demonstrates the following employee behaviours to:
- “Start with The Heart” by being caring and compassionate, aware and present and recognizing confidently
- “Master Your Craft” by constantly learning, delivering with passion and being a brave problem solver
- “Be You” by being genuinely yourself, honest and reliable and a committed team player
We look forward to receiving your application!