Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in Saint Kitts and Nevis is hiring a Job title on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Join Our Team
On-Call Pastry Cook
An exciting opportunity awaits you at the Four Seasons Resort Nevis! As the first and longest standing Caribbean resort in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts portfolio, we are looking for dynamic team members to join us at this iconic property. Four Seasons Resort Nevis is seeking an On-Call Pastry Cook with a passion for excellence and great enthusiasm in providing exceptional service standards. Come be a part of our tradition of more than 30 years of authentic Caribbean hospitality.
Four Seasons Resort Nevis is located on the western coast of the Caribbean island of Nevis, sister island to St. Kitts, and the birthplace of U.S. Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. A place where love and harmony is ever-present, Nevis is a spirited and soulful haven, where both serenity and adventure can be pursued endlessly. Our island home is beaming with natural beauty, from the green summit of Nevis Peak down to the sugar-soft sand of Pinney’s Beach. And our recently renovated resort offers 189 spacious rooms and suites, more than 83 luxurious villas, world class dining with seven distinct restaurants and bars, a championship golf course, an award-winning tennis program, a serene Garden of Eden-like spa and much, much more.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis is looking for suitable qualified applicants to fill the position of On-Call Pastry Cook. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Pastry Chef.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work every year since 1998.
Are you excited about delivering the best Food & Beverage experience to our guests? This position may be the perfect fit for you! The Pastry Cook is responsible for Prepare sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, chocolates and show pieces according to guest orders and banquet event orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment. As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Pastry Cook to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Assist in producing all pastry for hotel operations under the guidance of the Pastry Chef and Assistant Pastry Chef.
- Demonstrate a good sense of esthetics, decorating and producing product within the quality standard guidelines as established.
- Work closely with standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product.
- Make the AM breakfast shift's produce and fill in there when necessary.
- Assist in production and maintenance of par stocks of dough, sponges, ice creams, etc. as determined by the Pastry Chef.
- Assist in the training of subordinates, particularly sensitive to their development and training process.
- Work neatly and cleanly, keeping work areas and walk-ins in accordance with sanitary standards.
- Keep waste to a minimum.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
Skills and Abilities
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- High school graduate.
- Two years experience in hotels or other similar facilities.
- Familiarity with use of various kitchen pieces of equipment.
Consistently demonstrates the following employee behaviours to:
- “Start with The Heart” by being caring and compassionate, aware and present and recognizing confidently
- “Master Your Craft” by constantly learning, delivering with passion and being a brave problem solver
- “Be You” by being genuinely yourself, honest and reliable and a committed team player
All applicants must hold valid Work Authorization for St. Kitts & Nevis
We look forward to receiving your application!