St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino is hiring an Engineer II on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
- Displays proficiency in any one of the following categories, above average skills in two more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
- Displays basic ability to repair or replace PVC and copper pipe (including soldering).
- Troubleshoots and performs basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, replace electrical switches and outlets, and program TV's.
- Assists with surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
- Performs general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Performs mid-level troubleshooting of all hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing systems.
- Displays ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
Accident Prevention and Safety
- Follows company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Completes appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follows policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Follows Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Uses proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identifies and corrects unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Maintains proficiency in Fire Alarm/Safety and emergency power systems and be familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Fire and Emergency Rescue Teams.
- Follows property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., Fire and Emergency Response Team, evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters) to preserve the building and its systems during the emergency and act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status.
- Displays solid knowledge and skill level in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Uses the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work. Store all flammable materials in OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved containment devices.
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
- Carries all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
- Responds and attends to guest repair requests.
- Inspects and repairs all mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing components, diagnose and repair of boilers, pumps and related components.
- Cleans, lubricates, protects and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the resort/site.
- Identifies, locates, and operates all shut-off valves for equipment and utility shut-offs for buildings.
- Organizes painting and maintenance areas properly utilizing the appropriate methods and supplies.
- Cleans tools and equipment and return to the shop and secure in the proper area.
- Performs preventive maintenance in a timely manner.
Maintain Building and Property
- Cleans all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management.
- Observes energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
- Looks for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
Maintain Records or Logs
- Maintains the preventive maintenance records, inspections, and rounds using a computer management system.
- Assures each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Maintains a proper inventory of parts, materials, equipment, tools, and supplies necessary to perform his/her job.
- Maintains maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Reads, logs, tracks and interprets readings from meters, gauges and other measuring devices.
- Provides periodic maintenance inventory updates to engineering management when requested or required.
- Assists in the compilation of data for preventative maintenance inspection records.
- Addresses guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcomes and acknowledges every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listens and responds positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Responds to all guest complaints promptly and, if cannot remedy the situation, let the proper people know so they can follow up and try to satisfy the guest.
- Speaks to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Follows verbal or written directions pertaining to minor maintenance repairs.
- Keeps supervisor updated on assignments.
- Maintains communication with supervisors so that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order.
Working with Others
- Performs daily assigned work orders and follow engineering standard operating procedures.
- Works with housekeeping staff and other departments to maintain all rooms, buildings, and property in perfect condition.
- Trains, mentors, and provides technical advice to other engineers (e.g., Engineer I) as needed or requested.
- Works in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Works in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized.
- Supports the improvement of engineering services that effectively address problems affecting owners, guests and associates.
- Completes all maintenance or repair assignments in a timely, safe and professional manner.
- Complies with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Transmits information or documents using a computer.
- Enters and retrieves information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservation and answer inquiries from guests.
- Creates and maintains computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Displays working knowledge of engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, guest response, energy management, and other systems including devices that interact with such programs.
- Lifts, carries, reaches, bends and climbs ladders.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Moves up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually inspects tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Moves, lifts, carries, pushes, pulls, and places objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Assists with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds.
- Enters and locates work-related information using computers.
Policies and Procedures
- Protects the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Ensures uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follows company and department policies and procedures.
- Protects company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested.