Vanguard Risk Solutions in Cayman Islands is hiring an Assistant Accountant Reconcilliation on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
General Responsibilities - Insurance Book-keeping
- Bank Reconciliations, preparation and clearing outstanding items
- Fidelity Health Insurance KYD
- Fidelity Health Insurance USD
- FICL Operating Accounts KYD
- FICL Operating Account USD
- Fidelity General Insurance Bank KYD
- Fidelity General Insurance Bank USD
- Cayman Nat’l KYD
- Cayman Nat’l USD
- Fidelity Bank Lloyds KYD
- Fidelity Bank Lloyds USD
- Fidelity Bank Lloyds – Claims KYD
- Fidelity Bank Lloyds – Claims USD
- Fidelity Bank Price Forbes KYD
- Fidelity Bank Price Forbes USD
- Cash & Suspense Account
- Reconciliations, investigate and clearing outstanding items
- Stale Draft Account
- Move Stale Drafts quarterly from bank to stale draft general ledger account
- Reconcile Stale Draft account quarterly or when needed
- Daily Cash Receipts Insurance
- Review preparing cash receipt journals
- Great Plains / TAM Book keeping
- Preparing, Posting and Scanning journal entries
- Insurance Accounting Document Retention
- Filing and scanning
- Assisting Accountant Supervisor in maintaining physical/electronic filing system
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by Accountant or Accounts Supervisor
- Cover Assistant Accountant 1 and Accounts Clerk when needed
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent from Four-year College; and/or Four or more years related experience and/or training.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical and organizational skills are beneficial, as well as having a co-operative manner with work tasks and taking direction.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to apply integrity and professionalism to work practices in keeping in line with Company standards and guidelines
- Proficient in function of MS Office and any other required Company programs.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary, while remaining sensitive and discrete with confidential information.
Communication skills are important, as well as keeping a team-oriented and results-driven approach, to facilitate productivity and continued improvement