FTI Consulting in Cayman Islands is hiring an Associate (Temp) | Corporate Finance & Restructuring | Cayman Islands on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance and Restructuring:
The Corporate Finance and Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting provides complete support in turnaround and restructuring, transaction advisory services and corporate recovery. The practice has a reputation for taking on challenging and complex assignments that require exceptional strategic and technical capabilities. Our team has over 30 years global experience working on some of the most high profile restructurings and insolvency cases, including Lehman Brothers and General Motors. Our clients include nearly all of the major global financial institutions, private equity houses, city law firms and many corporates. Our regional and international coverage, combined with the depth of our specialist team and results-focused approach, means we are uniquely placed to meet our clients’ needs.
- Review and analyse financial statements and projections and assess business plans.
- Reconstruct accounting records from incomplete information.
- Undertake company and industry research.
- Assist senior staff in overseeing operations of trading businesses.
- Perform financial, ratio and comparable company analysis, and basic financial modelling.
- Document assumptions, methodology and information sources.
- Work closely with colleagues on client matters.
- Act as contact liaison between external parties and FTI.
- Maintain accounting and statutory records.
- Analyse and interpret historical financial, operational, and transactional data.
- Apply Companies Ordinance and other relevant legislation and case law where appropriate to component of engagements.
- Assist with preparation of reports, written analysis, presentations, quantitative exhibits, and other client deliverables.
- Attend client site and assist senior staff in carrying out duties and collating information required.
- Maintain a professional image within the company and project the same to those outside of the company.
- Contribute to company initiatives and team development activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Enrolment in (or intention to pursue) an internationally recognised professional qualification in accounting or finance.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficiency with PC environment and related software, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn and motivation to succeed.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with a strong attention to detail in deadline driven situations.
- High level of professionalism.
- Familiarity with internet-based financial research resources for corporate information, exchange filings, competitive data, and other relevant data.
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to challenging deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities.
- General knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and terminology.
- Willingness to travel when requested.
- Resilience to deal with unexpected or adverse situations.
- Ability to identify issues and raise queries where appropriate.