Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in Saint Kitts and Nevis is hiring a Research and Postgraduate Lead Administrator on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Opportunity at a Glance
The Research and Postgraduate Lead Administrator will oversee overall management of the School’s research and postgraduate programs, work with external partners in creating collaborative research efforts and joint degree postgraduate programs and ensure the delivery of a quality service and student experience. The Research and Postgraduate Lead Administrator will be responsible for providing administrative support for students and faculty associated with all research and postgraduate programs, including taught programs. As part of the Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Study’s management team, this position will be a member of the Business Operations Committee (BOC). This position will contribute to the overall work of the Research and Postgraduate programs, will take responsibility for specific project work and will manage a research administration office and its diverse team of highly specialized and skilled professionals including IACUC Administrator, Research Development Officer, Postgraduate Studies Administration Officer and the Executive Assistant to the Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Studies and Research Center Directors. The duties will focus on promoting RUSVM’s research strategy and direction, aligning resources to meet departmental and institutional goals, enhancing productivity, providing full support of Institutional Review Board Administration (IRB) administrative duties for the IRB and IRB Chair and providing a seamless customer experience for students, faculty and staff. The Lead Administrator oversees general research, research center and postgraduate budgets. This post is essential to maintain quality of service, efficiency, optimal use of resources (including time), and employee engagement for the research and postgraduate administrative office.
Program Management & Enhancement:
- Work with Department Heads, Research Center Directors and other senior administrators, in the planning and delivery of a high quality program provision, including timely submission of evaluation and progress reports and applying process re-engineering where necessary.
- Provide information and statistics to the Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Studies, the Dean and other senior colleagues on a timely basis.
- Timely submission of evaluation and progress reports.
- Actively engage in the processes of institutional audit and review, managing the provision of program documentation in support of RUSVM, professional bodies and other external agency requirements and imperatives.
- Ensure all forms for proper supervision and assessment of postgraduate students are in place and on the RUSVM website.
- Ensure all regulations on postgraduate activities are in place and on the RUSVM website.
- Develop robust recording procedures within the Dean's Office for all postgraduate activities.
- Ensure applications procedures are in place.
- Research and progress access to online postgraduate courses such as biostatistics, scientific writing etc, and define core requirements.
- Ensure Cotutelle and Joint PhD program agreements with partnering Universities are in place.
- Promote research and postgraduate activities within RUSVM, and inform about research activities and postgraduate programs more widely via the website and other platforms.
- Maintain regular journal clubs, seminars, and other activities to foster a scholarly environment.
Student Support & Assessment:
- Ensure the maintenance of individual student records in line with RUSVM’s regulations, updating information and ensuring that data integrity is robust at all times.
- Provide guidance and support to students in respect of program specific regulations, policies and procedures.
- Liaise with external and co-branded partnering examiners to provide definitive advice on their involvement in program assessment of those programs for which they are responsible.
- Liaise with the RUSVM Accommodations Coordinator to ensure any special accommodations for particular students are implemented and supported.
- Ensure departmental resources align with the research strategy and direction to meet department and institutional goals.
- Ensure the administrative office provides a seamless customer experience for students, faculty and staff.
- Support the identification and development of funding proposals, including (if required) budgets, collating necessary documentation, text editing and preparation for submission.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance in managing the department’s financial systems and reporting; maintaining records of orders, invoices, and payments; monitoring financial expenditure in relation to grant budget lines; advising grant holders on the financial administration of their grants.
- To ensure that all records are kept up to date according to the funders’ requirements and in case of audits, that reporting deadlines on all stages of the projects are communicated to the Principal Investigators and that final reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- To develop specialist knowledge relevant to RUSVM’s research objectives with regard to international funding bodies; and to maintain an up to date knowledge of the policy, rules and regulations of sponsoring bodies.
Liaison & Networking:
- Liaise with relevant Department Heads to build relationships and to establish the particular support requirements for academic programs, to monitor the program support arrangements and to identify and implement any necessary local service changes.
- Actively engage in networks both within the School and across partnering schools in order to keep up to date with developments and to improve work methods within the Research and Postgraduate departments.
- Contribute to the writing of project plans, proposals, reports and summaries for School initiatives as and when delegated.
In liaison with the Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Studies to develop systems and procedures to seek faculty and student feedback on the services provided.
One Health Research Foundation Administrative duties (OHRF)
- Assist the Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Studies in the development and management of all operations of the OHRF.
- Any other duties as required by the Dean or his/her nominee.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral (PhD) degree in a relevant field is highly preferred, or a Masters degree and equivalent with specialized administrative experience is required, an MBA being desirable.
- Experience working in a higher education, academic and/or for-profit, grant seeking research environment with international students and faculty.
- At least 5 years of research and research compliance administration, in a professional office environment.
- At least 3 years of postgraduate program administration related experience
- Ability to provide committee administrative support and work with confidential business information.
- Evidence of leading a team or driving initiatives across institutions desirable.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable IT systems, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and electronic database systems with experience of manipulating data to produce reports.
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in another regional language (Spanish, French and/or Portuguese) is desirable.
- Experience in organizing meetings and/or events.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work effectively with individuals and groups with diverse cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies in a global environment is also desirable.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) offers an accredited Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree, postgraduate certification, integrated DVM/Master of Science (MSc) dual degree programs, and Doctoral (Ph.D.) degrees. Our unique program of broad-based curriculum integrates research opportunities and classroom study in St. Kitts with hands-on clinical training at affiliated AVMA-accredited veterinary schools. Cutting-edge curriculum with innovative technology and simulation provides the best possible training as we aim to lead veterinary training worldwide by creating an exemplary program uniquely designed to graduate today’s practice-ready veterinarians and tomorrow’s leaders and discoverers.
The mission of RUSVM is to provide the best learning environment to prepare students to become members and leaders of the worldwide public and professional healthcare team, advancing human and animal health (One Health) through research and knowledge exchange. Learn more about Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.veterinary.rossu.edu.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them