Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Liquidity Accountant on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
Responsible for liquidity management from an accounting perspective. This includes managing liability accounts, provisions, long term loans and debt borrowing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of data between external data sources and feeder systems
- Maintain complete and accurate record-keeping
- Ensure resolution of differences
- Liaise between front-end system owners and General Accounting team
- Review journal entries and compile account reconciliations
- Support period-end close processes
Process-specific role responsible for:
- Recording journal entries;
- Performing general ledger account reconciliations;
- Performing data validations to ensure completeness and accuracy of system interfaces;
- Period-end processing;
- Support in processing and reconciling intercompany transactions;
- Identifying, researching and resolving discrepancies.
Academic qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or any other related field
- Three-Five (3-5) years relevant working experience
- Previous demonstrable, relevant experience in general accounting
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Record to Report practices
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and MS products, such as Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Functional skills and abilities:
- Specialized skills and deep domain knowledge.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work in a fast‑paced environment.
- Clear communication.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.