Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino in Aruba is hiring a Cook on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
A Cook is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to departmental targets.
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you are responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Cook will also be required to prepare all mis-en-place and contribute to departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness of departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Cook serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Basic food hygiene
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 18 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2Suites by Hilton, Hilton Grand Vacations, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Signia by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Tempo by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton Honors®.
At Hilton, our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come and be a part of our team!
Sun, a breeze, white sands, lush palm trees - welcome to your tropical getaway at Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino. Bliss out at the beachfront spa, sip a daiquiri by two sparkling pools, and dine under the stars. Play the tables at the casino, or learn to scuba dive. Whether you're here for a wedding or family vacation, our amenities and resort activities ensure it's a memorable stay.
- 357 rooms with exceptional views and 15K sq. ft. of flexible meeting spaces
- Wi-Fi included with each stay
- Located in the heart of the Palm Beach Strip
- Private balcony or patio in every room
- Beachfront full-service Eforea Spa
- 2 large pools, waterfalls and freshwater lagoon
- Kids Club, playground and family friendly activities
- Casino with table games, slot machines and tournaments