Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a FTTX Project Manager on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
Reporting to our Program Director the FTTX Project Manager has responsibility for the end to end delivery of all aspects of the Market FTTX Project.
- Lead and manage all phases of Market FTTX projects from Initiation through to Closure
- Developing detailed work plans, project schedules and resource plans in conjunction with project team members. Facilitate team input to develop program work breakdown structure and schedule.
- Act as a single point of contact for all project related issues and escalations
- Actively manage plans, dependencies, scope, risks, issues and quality, and deliver projects in line with agreed project commitments
- Managing project scope. Investigating and making recommendations on issues that challenge scope boundaries
- Managing project risks. Tracking risks and actively driving mitigation strategies
- Monitoring and reporting on project traction and progress and as necessary, coordinating the development, discussion and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans
- Creating project status reports, highlighting critical issues for management and overall status of project inclusive of project spends in versus budget.
- Building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams
- Managing stakeholder relations to ensure that project delivery expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Driving and tracking change management work as project deliverables are rolled out
- Ensuring project activities and deliverables adhere to internal PMO quality and standards
- Providing clear direction and motivation to project teams
- Assisting in the continuous evolution of the PMO best practices and coach/mentor members of the Implementation team
- Manage vendor relationships
- Digicel organize the delivery of projects and programs in a way that project managers and teams are fully supported and sponsored across the organisation.
- The market – The project is sponsored by the market CEO and the project is a critical initiative for the market.
- Group Technology – The cluster CTO as well as Mobile, Business Solutions and Home and Entertainment CTOs are fully engagement in the project.
- Business Verticals – Commercial support is available from Mobile, Business Solutions and Home and Entertainment verticals via CFOs and indeed CEOs.
- Program Director and PMO – a robust governance structure with strict cadence is in place. Tools, report and document templates are available.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT and Engineering related discipline desirable
- 8+ years’ experience in a project/program management
- Project Management Certification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2) whilst not essential is desirable
- Proven Project Management experience in Telecommunications Fibre deployements
- Demonstrated experience in preparing presentations for senior management
- Experienced in project and process analysis and confident presenting appropriate assessments and recommendations to all levels
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and influencing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good knowledge of program and project management methodologies and processes
- A drive for results and an instinct for being resourceful and thinking innovatively
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- An ability to work alone or in a team
- Strong capability with problem solving, decision making, sound judgment and assertiveness.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines effectively prioritising and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Project Management
- Program Management