Digicel in Jamaica is hiring a Cash Application Analyst (Accounts Receivable) on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
As a Digital Operator, Digicel is in the business of delivering powerful digital experiences 1440 minutes of each day to customers – that’s every minute, all day, every day.
Through its world-class LTE and fibre networks, together with its suite of eight (8) apps spanning sports (SportsMax), music (D’Music), news (Loop), local radio and podcasts (GoLoud), TV streaming (PlayGo), enhanced messaging and marketplaces (BiP), cloud storage (Billo) and self-care (MyDigicel app), Digicel is the only operator in its markets that can deliver that.
Serving consumer and business customers in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific, its investments of over US$7 billion and a commitment to its communities through its Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago have contributed to positive outcomes for over 3 million people to date.
With its Better Together brand, Digicel is making a promise of simply more to customers and communities and its 7,000 employees worldwide work together to make that a powerful reality day in, day out.
Primary objective of the job:
- Managing incoming receipts and reconciling unidentified, unapplied, and misapplied payments
- Processing credit/debit memos
- Managing inquiries from customer service & collections teams from customer payment activities
- Transfer of daily deposits from lockbox to customer accounts
- Conducting chargeback process
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day‑to‑day operation of the billing process, to involve liaison with Customer and Order Management team to ensure prompt billing and resolution of queries
- Ensure all final bills are filed on the firm’s document management system
- Anticipate disbursements for inclusion on bills and auto‑match anticipated disbursements
- Deal with recharges and file closures. Update VAT rates in the system when requested
- Raise credit notes and partial credit notes within the system
- Ensure all bills have been received in Accounts by month‑end
Academic qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or any other related field
- Three - Four(3-4) years relevant working experience
- Previous relevant cash applications experience (preferably in BPM / services industry) desirable
- Strong understanding of billing process
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and MS products, such as Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Functional skills and abilities:
- Good team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Detail oriented, and strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Self‑starter, strong organizational and time management skills
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.