Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring a Spa Receptionist on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Spa Receptionist is responsible for the reception area at the spa. Includes the greeting of all guests, answering phone calls, assisting guests with questions regarding spa services and products, booking all appointments, checking the guest into the computer system and charging for services performed. Additionally assists with transitional cleaning of the locker room and relaxation area as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be on time for shifts and maintain a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Properly open and close spa each day according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurately book, change and cancel spa appointments.
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves spa facilities.
- Ensure that the locker room and relaxation area are clean and stocked for flow of in-coming and out-going guests.
- Ensure that the check-in and payment process is handled in accordance with company policy by processing cash, credit card and credit transactions accurately thus protecting the company’s assets.
- Provide detailed descriptions of spa treatments, packages, services, facility features and hours of operation.
- Utilize spa computers with skill and proficiency; document guest information in electronic record as directed.
- Maintain a Spa Desk Bank.
- Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the phone conversation; operate the phone system accurately and efficiently.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests; develop professional and personalized relationships with regular guests.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns promptly, professionally and courteously.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest matters in accordance with company policy.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
- Ensure adequate stock of supplies and equipment; inform management when stock is low.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Ability to perform the duties of the Retail Consultant as needed.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multitask.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must be a team player.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Front Desk personnel or as Customer Service
- representative with proven sales
- Minimum of 1 year of employment within a Hotel environment or Spa
- Language Skills: Excellent command of the English language in communicating both verbally and nonverbally Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, members and the general public
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram format
- Physical Demands: The Physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk and use hands to write on a chart, talk, hear, see, taste, smell, type on keyboard.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.