Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring a Spa Attendant on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
The Spa Attendant is responsible for orienting guests to the spa facilities, greeting guests as they enter the facilities, and providing personal guest service. They are responsible for keeping the lounge, locker room, and other guest areas neat, clean and stocked with all amenities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be on time for shifts and maintain a consistent, regular attendance record.
- Issue spa lockers, robes and slippers to guests and then escort guests to their lockers.
- Provide orientation tours, explaining spa amenities offered and answering guests’ questions.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized spa environment through consistent monitoring of the locker/facility area.
- Stock locker room supplies and amenities and maintain accurate supply lists and inventory sheets.
- Ensures adequate stock of supplies and equipment; inform management when stock is low.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests; develop professional and personalized relationships with regular guests.
- Maintain complete confidentiality in all guest matters in accordance with company policy.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision and remain at assigned post for extended periods of time.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram format
- Ability to handle conflicting ideas and controversies around nutrition and communicated information diplomatically
- Physical Demands: The Physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk and use hand to write on a chart, talk, hear, see, taste, smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision.