Ocean Hotels Group BARBADOS in Barbados is hiring a Pool Operator on Caribjob today.
More details about the job are below:
To maintain all pools efficiently and professionally across the Oceans Hotel group.
Under the directive of the Rooms Care Manager/Maintenance Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor, the Pool Attendant is responsible for the safety and welfare of all guests in pool and beach areas.
- To ensure the smooth operation of all pools across the property or properties.
- To ensure and maintain immaculate water clarity of all pools.
- To monitor chemical levels of all pools.
- To record all data in the required log for inspections.
- To administer chemicals according to the data received from pool testing, and ensure the chemical readings are within the recommended safety range during opening times.
- To remove all debris from the pools in respect to clarity and the safety of guests. (e.g. leaves, fecal matter, dead or live animals such as crabs, rodents, birds etc.
- To troubleshoot problems within the system before reporting to management.
- To prepare all pools within the given timeframe before daily opening of the pools.
- To make sure all safety equipment are in good standard to perform its purpose effectively if needed.
- To keep inventory of all stock and equipment.
- To report all urgent matters to management within a timely manner.
- To use the AAA guide lines and the company’s contact standards when interacting with guests.
- To enter the pool to facilitate minor repairs in regard to reinstalling tiles, replacing main drain caps, return jets, and replacing light bulbs.
- To maintain and ensure the edges of the pools are always kept clean of grease and dirt build up.
- To ensure an effective handover of information to colleagues before shift completion.
- To remove hazardous items from around or inside the pools, or professionally communicate to guests the reason for removal. e.g. breakable items that can pose safety risk glass bottles, cups or mugs, and of all sorts.
- To professionally communicate to the parents of a toddler to ensure the toddler is wearing the approved diaper for swimming.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The Pool Operator must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand, speak, read and write English at CXC level or equivalent.
- Specific skill-based competencies.
- Operating equipment used in skilled trades. (power and hand tools)
- Knowledge and adherence to safety practices.
- Knowledge in the use of handling hazardous materials.
The Pool Operator must demonstrate the following skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (lifting above the shoulder is also required)
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential.
- Must be able to work shifts. (days, evening, weekends, holidays)
The Pool Operator must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Effective follow up