Flow in Jamaica is hiring a Senior Virtualisation Engineer on Caribjob today.
More details about this job are below:
What's The Role
The Senior Virtualization Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of VMware virtualization products and systems that support virtualization, including all server ESXi hardware, networking, and hypervisor layers.
What you´ll do
- Architect, design, install, configure, monitoring and maintenance of VMware vSphere / vSAN cluster environments.
- Architect, design, install, configure, monitoring and maintenance of all ESXi host hardware and provide corrective actions to hardware faults.
- Perform planned maintenance activities / firmware upgrades on an established cycle, that mitigates CWC business risks and vulnerabilities.
- Manage and expand compute and storage capacity requirements to support services to CWC customers
- Participate in solutions development in all stages including planning, design, development, testing, and documentation.
- Responsible for provisioning, maintaining, managing and monitoring IBM / Cisco / HPE infrastructure.
- Support the deployment of virtual machines, VMs and templates across the VMware clusters.
- Support the implementation of hardware support contract required to ensure availability of infrastructure.
- Ensure support for all LLA Information Security and IT Compliance controls and policies
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (or equivalent qualification).
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience maintaining VMware vSphere / vSAN cluster environment.
- Relevant training and certification as VMware Certified Professional (VMware HyperConverged Infrastructure (vSAN), VMware Data Center Virtulization) and Networking.
- Experience with SAN, NAS, iSCSI, Fiber Channel protocol and other storage allocation to ESXi clusters and troubleshooting VMDK in virtual machines
- Experience with Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P).
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and operating system related issues.
Who we are
We are the leading telecommunications company, connecting more than 40 markets in Latin America and the Caribbean with our video, broadband internet, telephony, and mobile services under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil, BTC, and Cabletica. We started small, and now we're growing. We're excited about the future as we strive to unlock opportunities in the region
Why join us
Technology excites us enables us and drives us. We´re proud of the services we provide, the markets that we serve, and our people coming together to enhance our customers´ lives with technology so that they can connect, work, live and play without missing beat. Throughout Liberty Latin America, our passion and pride are brought to life through our shared vision to bring innovation that will create moments that matter to our customers, delivering growth in our markets with one vision, one culture, and one team.
Liberty Latin America provides equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy / childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, and / or local laws.